The lymphatic system makes up a major part of your immune system. It contains lymph vessels, nodes and ducts. Lymph vessels run underneath the skin and a clear liquid called lymph travels through these vessels. Lymph contains white blood cells. These cells cover the tissues within your body as they pass through the lymphatic system and make their way to the bloodstream. Many believe that if you dry brush, you’re stimulating the lymph flow, which increases the body’s ability to detoxify itself naturally.
Ear candling is a practice that belongs to the world of alternative medicine. It is used to treat earwax buildups and many other ear-related conditions. An ear candle performs the process of the candling. It’s a hollow cone made out of fabric, covered in wax. When the pointy end goes into the ear, the other side is lite. The result is a suction-like action that is made possible by the warmth.
Some benefits of ear candling include:
- removing wax, bacteria, and other debris from the ear canal.
- treating sinus infections.
- improving hearing or reversing hearing loss.
- relieving sore throats.
- treating colds and flus.
- relieving headaches and migraines.
- improving mental clarity.
- purifying the blood.
- tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- hearing problems.
- sinus infections or other sinus conditions.