Ear candling is a practice that belongs to the world of alternative medicine. It is used to treat earwax buildups and many other ear-related conditions. An ear candle performs the process of the candling. It’s a hollow cone made out of fabric, covered in wax. When the pointy end goes into the ear, the other side is lite. The result is a suction-like action that is made possible by the warmth.
Some benefits of ear candling include:
- removing wax, bacteria, and other debris from the ear canal.
- treating sinus infections.
- improving hearing or reversing hearing loss.
- relieving sore throats.
- treating colds and flus.
- relieving headaches and migraines.
- improving mental clarity.
- purifying the blood.
- tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- hearing problems.
- sinus infections or other sinus conditions.